What kind of support is available?
The service offers a wide range of practical and emotional support, including:
- Information to help you improve and maintain good health and wellbeing.
- Signposting to relevant organisations concerning legal and financial issues.
- Helping you to access other services that will benefit you.
Emotional and peer support to help you understand and deal with your dementia diagnosis in a positive way.
A variety of activities that meet your needs and interests which are designed to keep your mind and body active.
Activities can help you stay independent and provide a sense of enjoyment, as well as socialisation and stimulation.
Head here….https://essenceservice.org.uk/activities-at-the-essence-centre/ ….for further information re the types of activities we have at the Essence Centre.
- Support for carers providing a listening ear, as well as practical support and assistance.
– Valuable tips, advice, guidance and strategies regarding how to manage dementia changes – making life a bit easier for all concerned.
- Carer peer support groups – time for carers to socialise, share information and offer each other support.
- Free Understanding Dementia for Carers Training is available covering:
– What is dementia
– Brain, behaviour and memory
– The Ageing Senses and Stages of Dementia
– Communication and Coping Strategies for Carers
– Resources – Finances, Social Care and Support networks
Our work is person-centred and we provide a personal support plan based upon client and carer needs and wishes.
Where is the Essence Service delivered?
The Essence Centre
You will always receive a warm and friendly welcome at the Essence service. We are based at the Sir Thomas Allen centre next to Morrisons in Doxford Park.
Our building received a Gold Award for its dementia friendly design which you will find open and welcoming.
We also deliver the Essence Service in every part of the City in local community bases. You can find out where and when we are in your area by clicking here.
© The Essence Service.